Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Computer Savy Keyboard Short-cuts

I was asked to post this...so here it is...
Whenever people ask me to show them something on-line I search for sites more quickly by typing the main portion ot the URL in the window (for example: amazon). Then I press Enter (Control+Enter in Internet Explorer). Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer will fill in "http://www." and ".com" for you. This makes me seem really savy....try it. It sounds silly but it saves time!! I enjoy using keyboard shorcuts.

Here are more shortcuts for Windows

Another favorite is when you press the windows Logo the start menu appears....very helpul if you are having mouse troubles.

To print a list of all the shortcuts in Word, follow these steps:

  • Select ToolsMacroMacros from the menu bar.
  • From the Macros In drop-down menu, select Word Commands.
  • Select ListCommands from the macro listing.
  • Click the Run button.
  • Choose Current Menu and Keyboard Settings from the popup window and click OK.

Word will automatically open a new document containing a table of keystrokes. Print the document

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home